Prime Day 2022 is just around the corner, and if you’re an Amazon seller, that means it’s time to make sure the design of your Amazon storefront and A+ content are set up for success. Prime Day is one of the biggest shopping days of the year – Amazon experienced a whopping 500% increase in traffic during Prime Day 2021 than a normal shopping day last year.
Amazon has become more of a branding destination in recent years, with over 75% of shoppers using the platform to discover new products or brands (fig.1). With Amazon storefronts, you can introduce these shoppers to your brand and products, so be sure to put your best foot forward and have your storefront stand out as much as possible during Prime Day.
How often do you use Amazon to discover new products or brands?
Storefront design is important for many reasons on Prime Day. Not only does it give shoppers a first impression of your brand, but good design establishes customer trust. Design generates positive emotional responses and will ultimately make customers view your brand as more valuable and trustworthy, which will help increase brand awareness and sales. On Prime Day 2022 (and really, every day), you want shoppers to be able to find what they’re looking for quickly and easily.
Here are some insider tips you can follow to get your storefront Prime Day ready:
1) Make sure that your storefront design is clean and clutter-free
- Simplicity is key. Stick to a clean, minimalistic aesthetic that will make it easy for shoppers to find what they’re looking for.
- Cut out the clutter. Get rid of anything that’s not absolutely necessary. If there’s something on your store page that doesn’t serve a purpose, nix it. Less is more when it comes to design.
- Pay attention to the details. Small things like font choice, colors, and spacing can make a big difference in how your store looks and feels
Here’s a great storefront design example your brand can refer to:
The image above is a great example of a strong storefront. The brand highlights products by category on the front page and uses imagery that customers need to visualize home decor products in a space before making their purchasing decision, creating a seamless shopping experience for customers.
2) Navigation should be intuitive and highlight deals and promotions for Prime Day 2022
Navigation is one of the most important aspects of design. On Prime Day, if shoppers can’t easily find what they’re looking for, they’re likely to leave your store without making a purchase.
- Clear navigation. Make sure your store is easy to navigate by having a clear hierarchy and labeling everything accordingly.
- Organize the tabs in your storefront by using drop-down menus and filters to help shoppers narrow down their search.
- Prime Day 2022 deals. Adjust your storefront home page by displaying all of the products included on Prime Day.
- Highlight standout products. Include a ‘Best Sellers’ tab to make shopping even easier for customers.
3) Don’t forget to optimize your product detail pages and A+ content
It’s important to always be thinking about the customer journey, so once your storefront is optimized, you should take some time to analyze your brand voice on Amazon. Is each step in the customer journey designed in a way that illustrates your brand story?
If not, there are a few things you can do to optimize them for conversions:
- Imagery is essential. Amazon best practices suggest using professional lighting and photography and include 6 high-quality photos and 1 video.
- The main image should be on a seamless white background.
- The rest of the images should include several lifestyle and descriptive imagery.
- Consider hiring a product photographer or videographer.
- Do your homework. Make sure all of your content is SEO optimized. This includes doing keyword research to find the right keywords to target. Using high-volume keywords in your product title, bullet points, and description will make a significant impact on your SEO (Fig. 3).
- Don’t forget A+ content. With Brand Registry, you can take advantage of using A+ content to create a full digital shopping experience. Quality A+ content can be the standout difference between you and your competitor this Prime Day. A+ content adds value to your product detail pages and can build consumer confidence, which can help drive brand awareness – and Amazon doesn’t charge any fees for it!
- Close the deal. You can add calls to action (CTA) by using text or buttons within your storefront and A+ content. These CTAs should be as short as possible, starting with an action verb and containing no ending punctuation. Some good examples include, “Shop Now”, “Learn More”, and “Add to Cart”. Using persuasive language and strong CTAs can lead customers to other products, ultimately driving more brand awareness and sales.
By following these tips, you can be sure that your storefront is ready for Prime Day 2022 and every day after that. Prime Day is a perfect time to increase brand awareness in addition to driving sales, and by investing in good design across your storefront, you’ll be able to reap the benefits all year round and create an experience that shoppers won’t forget.
Want more tips on Amazon Storefronts and optimizing product pages to increase sales? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ava Mahdavi, eCommerce Client Success Coordinator